You are here
Website Known Issues
This page describes known issues related to the ECHO website itself. For data quality problems, please see the Known Data Problems page.
- Some formatting problems remain in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8). IE8 issues will not be addressed. Later versions of Internet Explorer will continue to be supported.
- Facility search performance will be further optimized. If experiencing problems with slow facility searching or searches that won't load, please send information about the search ran, Internet browser, date, and time of day to ECHO Support.
- The ECHO Interactive Map results view may display clusters from adjacent states due to imprecise geographic data. Geographic coordinates are approximated in ECHO if facilities do not have location information. These facilities are indicated by the icon.
- Users may experience issues with resizing the ECHO Interactive Map when zooming in and out or after click events. Improvements to the Interactive Map are ongoing.
- Improvements to sitewide formatting consistency are underway.
Facility Search Page
- Searching on multiple watersheds may return 0 results if the HUC code lengths differ between the watersheds.
- The search form may not display properly in older browser versions, such as IE8.
- Search Form
- As future enhancements, the 2-digit SIC Code search option will be updated to allow multiple selections, and the 3-4 digit SIC Code option will be updated to allow searches on a range of SIC codes.
- Additional search options are under consideration.
- Ongoing enhancements include the following:
- Preventing duplication of biosolids records;
- Improving summary statistics refresh speed and logic; and
- Updates to search results download files.
- A Biosolids Facility Report, with details from the Biosolids Annual Report, is planned for a future release.
- In Internet Explorer 10, users may experience difficulties using the Time Since Last Inspection and Formal Enforcement Actions sliders.
Enforcement Case Search
- Several search options that are under development have been disabled at this time.
- In the Case Search Results, the Case Summary does not display a map for criminal cases.
- A "Primary Law" search option will be added to the search form in a future release.
- A "County" search option will be added to the Criminal Case Search in a future release.
- For the map, the icon representing "Other statuses" for criminal case records will be refined to match the style of the other map icons.
- Users may not be able to search on multiple FRS IDs within a single search.
Air Pollutant Report
- Improvements to the print format are ongoing.
Detailed Facility Report
- Adding a download option is a possible future enhancement. Please use the browser's print functionality to save a PDF file of the Detailed Facility Report.
- Improvements to the print format are ongoing.
- Effluent charts functionality is not compatible with IE8.
- Improvements to the formatting and display of the charts and data tables are ongoing.
State Comparative Maps
- Users may experience difficulties with the map refresh timer associated with the year selection.
DMR Loading Tool
- Information about features under development is available on DMR Loading Tool Modernization
- Help documentation is under development
Water Pollution Search
- Users may experience issues with the Modify Search feature.
- Descriptions of DMR pollutant categories will be added in a future release.
- On the results page, some search criteria display selected values as codes.
- On the results page, the ability to remove selected search criteria (using "x") will be a future enhancement.
- Facility Latitude/Longitude and Permit Feature Latitude/Longitude search criteria are under development and have been disabled at this time.
Monitoring Period Loads
- Features planned for a future release:
- Enhancements to and dynamic display of the loading calculation equation and data.
- Display additional ICIS DMR data reported during a monitoring period.
TRI and DMR Comparison Dashboard
- Improvements to the responsiveness and design of the dashboard are ongoing.
Annual Loadings (Hypoxia Task Force Search)
- The results page "View Annual Loadings" will be implemented in the next release.
- Row and column heading selections will be added in future releases.
Corporate Compliance Screener
- In the future, when a user clicks “Generate Report,” the report will open in a new browser window.
- The number of current HPV/SNC/SV by statute counts the number of facilities in current HPV/SNC/SV; therefore, the count may be lower than the number of violations displayed in the Facility Violation Information table, when a facility has more than one violation
- In the report download file, reports with the exact same name will appear with a number appended (e.g., “Company ABC” “Company ABC_1”).