You are here
Website Known Issues
This page describes known issues related to the ECHO website itself. For data quality problems, please see the Known Data Problems page.
- Some formatting problems remain in Internet Explorer 8 - IE8 issues will not be addressed. Later versions of Internet Explorer will continue to be supported.
- Facility search performance will be further optimized. If experiencing problems with slow facility searching or searches that won't load, please send information about the search ran, Internet browser, date, and time of day to ECHO Support.
- The ECHO Interactive Map results view may display clusters from adjacent states due to imprecise geographic data. Geographic coordinates are approximated in ECHO if facilities do not have location information. These facilities are indicated by the icon.
Facility Search Page
- Search options that are under development have been disabled:
- Federal Facility in ICIS-Air, ICIS-NPDES, RCRA, ICIS FE&C, or TRI
- Searching on multiple watersheds may return 0 results if the HUC code lengths differ between the watersheds.
- The search form may not display properly in older browser versions, such as Internet Explorer 8.
- Search Form
- As future enhancements, the 2-digit SIC Code search option will be updated to allow multiple selections, and the 3-4 digit SIC Code option will be updated to allow searches on a range of SIC codes.
- Additional search options are under consideration.
- In Internet Explorer 10, users may experience difficulties using the Time Since Last Inspection and Formal Enforcement Actions sliders.
Enforcement Case Search
- Several search options that are under development have been disabled at this time.
- In the Case Search Results, the Case Summary does not display a map for criminal cases.
- A "Primary Law" search option will be added to the search form in a future release.
- A "County" search option will be added to the Criminal Case Search in a future release.
- For the map, the icon representing "Other statuses" for criminal case records will be refined to match the style of the other map icons.
Detailed Facility Report
- Adding a download option is a possible future enhancement. Please use the browser's print functionality to save a PDF file of the Detailed Facility Report.
- Effluent charts functionality is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8.
- Improvements to the formatting and display of the charts and data tables are ongoing.
Corporate Compliance Screener
- In the future, when a user clicks “Generate Report,” the report will open in a new browser window.
- The results download file is an Excel 2007 spreadsheet by default. When a user opens the results download file, Excel may display a warning that the file extension is unexpected; however, the download file opens without further issue.
- The number of current HPV/SNC/SV by statute counts the number of facilities in current HPV/SNC/SV; therefore, the count may be lower than the number of violations displayed in the Facility Violation Information table, when a facility has more than one violation
- In the report download file, reports with the exact same name will appear with a number appended (e.g., “Company ABC” “Company ABC_1”).