You are here
Air Emissions Download Summary
Air Emissions Data Set Description
The Air Emissions Data Set is a nationwide download of combined air emissions data for stationary sources from four EPA air programs: National Emissions Inventory (NEI), Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP), Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), and Clean Air Markets (CAMD). Emissions are presented as facility-level aggregates and organized by pollutant and EPA program. This information is displayed for individual facilities in ECHO's Air Pollutant Report. For general information about these air emission reporting programs, including answers to frequently asked questions, see Air Pollutant Report Help.
Air Emissions Data Table
|Element Name||Data Type and Length|
Air Emissions Data Element Definitions
- The calendar year of the emission. Note that reporting years may differ between air emission inventory programs. CAMD, TRI, and Greenhouse Gas reporting occur annually. Greenhouse gas reporting began in 2010, so no emissions data will be populated prior to that year. CAMD and TRI emissions are available in this data set starting from 2008. NEIs are released on a triennial basis (e.g., 2008, 2011, 2014). See About the Data for information about the most recent reporting year for each program and ECHO refresh schedule.
- The Facility Registry Service (FRS) ID of the facility. FRS uniquely identifies a facility by assigning an identification number (FRS ID), and uses this FRS ID to link together all regulatory program database records (such as permit IDs and facility IDs that facilities uses in reporting to the EPA).
- The EPA emission inventory database associated with the data record.
- EIS - Emission Inventory System - National Emissions Inventory
- E-GGRT - Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- TRIS - Toxics Release Inventory System
- CAMDBS - Clean Air Markets Division Business System
- An alphanumeric program system identifier of varying length which uniquely identifies each air source within an air emission inventory.
- National Emissions Inventory (NEI) - A unique 7-digit number assigned for each facility in the NEI. Prior to the 2008 NEI, a new system ID was assigned to each facility for each NEI release.
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) - A unique 7-digit number assigned for each facility in the GHGRP.
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) - A unique 15-character ID assigned for each facility within the TRI program. The format is ZZZZZNNNNNSSSSS, where ZZZZZ = ZIP code, NNNNN = the first 5 consonants of the name, and SSSSS = the first 5 non-blank non-special characters in the street address.
- Clean Air Markets Division (CAMD) - A unique 4-digit number assigned for each facility in the Clean Air Markets program. FRS identifies this value with the program system acronym of CAMDBS, but it is generally the same identifier as the Office of the Regulatory Information System PLant code (ORISPL) code used by the Energy Information Administration (EIA).
- The name of the pollutant being tracked for air emissions. For additional information about the scope of pollutants tracked in each air program, see Air Pollutant Report Help.
- The value of the pollutant emission for the facility and reporting year.
- The unit of measure associated with the pollutant emissions data. TRI, NEI, and CAMD data are displayed in pounds. GHG data are displayed as Metric Tons Carbon Dioxide Equivalent per year (MTCO2e/year).
- Pollutant category classification for pollutants reported to NEI:
- If the value is "HAP-VOC", indicates that the pollutant is a volatile organic compound.